Saturday, October 11, 2008

curse you walt!

elizabeth just came in sobbing...

me: honey, what's wrong?

e: simba's dad just died.

me: who? who died?

e: you know...simba's dad moufassa. all the animals ran him over and he died?

me: (kind of irritated at this point because i've told her in the past that she shouldn't watch the lion king if it makes her sad) baby it's just a movie, and a cartoon at that so it's just cartoon acting...he didn't really die. and do you know what the moral of this story is?

e: what (in a very pouty you're-not-gonna-snap-me-out-of-it tone)?

me: you shouldn't play where the antelope roam...or where there's a chance of a stampede.

e: mom - i don't think those were antelope (hands on hips at this point, but no more crying).

me: well then miss smarty-pants, what were they?

e: wildebeests.

me: oh, well same moral: you shouldn't play where the wildebeests roam or stampede or in any other herd for that matter.

e: why not?

me: cuz if there's a stampede you'll get smooshed. herds can be scary for just that reason. well...almost all herds because i wouldn't be afraid of like a herd of bunnies or chickens. although that's not really a herd, that's a flock i believe.

e: you're weird (says the girl who cries every time she watches the lion king)

she walked out of the room at this point. i am not weird - that made complete and perfectly good sense. and anyways my ramblings made her forget about the death of moufassa, so take that!

1 comment:

MellanKelly said...

I think it is also a good idea not to be such a cocky leader of a pride. In the end... that's what kills us.

ps. love ya Elizabeth!!!