Thursday, September 23, 2010

pre-tween room revamp

so my little girl at 8 is no longer a little girl. not only did she transition from a twin bed to a full (thanks marie claire!), but the days of princess bedding is so over. i have to admit...i totally got into it! i'd have to say it turned out pretty cute; still need a couple pics on the wall and the glider recovered, but so far so good:


loving the bedding...was all black/white/grey so i bought some pink sheets & accents (i made the decorative pillows too - who knew?)


i painted & recovered the chair...which needed it since i helped my dad put it together in about 1987. i know, right? turned out better than i'd hoped :)




don't mind the glider...that too will get a makeover.




and lastly i recovered the lamp. think i'm gonna paint the night stand black.


oh...and my fav - the rug. love it!
so all in all i must say that it turned out really well (here's the part where i pat myself on the back!). i look around at all the DIY sites and wonder if i'll ever be that good. i mean...i only have so many rooms to practice on. *unless* i redo my rooms once a year or so. i think mike may kill me. or not as long as it keeps me out of his hair.

1 comment:

MellanKelly said...

LOVE, love, love it!!! Don't forget to post the pic of the updated glider... when are you gonna get on that, anyway? Sheesh!